When Great Value Vacations, a leading vacation packager based in the United States, decided to expand its product range further into Latin America, they tapped Mark’s broad knowledge of the region, as well as his content expertise, by hiring him as a consultant — twice. Focusing on two key destinations — Panama and Colombia — Mark helped Great Value Vacations in multiple ways over the course of several months, including:
• Performing destination research and creating reports, to identify the target audience, consumer profile and sales potential of each country.
• Researching and providing expert opinions on the most appropriate hotels, tour operators and government offices with whom to partner.
• Sharing key contacts for potential partners, and also organizing appointments, site inspections, hotel stays and tours during two research trips to Panama and Colombia, during which Mark accompanied the client at all times.
• Serving as Spanish-English interpreter for meetings and inspections during the research trips, as needed.
• Writing and creating detailed training guides for company staff, highlighting everything from history to geography, from top attractions to insider travel tips and the best hotels.
• Conducting in-office training sessions for salespeople, for which Mark created a PowerPoint presentation to guide staff through the ins and outs of selling each destination.
Mark can provide similar services for a wide variety of clients, offering expertise in the following fields:
• Unique and results-oriented concepts and content for blogs and marketing materials
• Developing tourism product in Latin America
• Marketing Latin America as a tourism destination effectively to the U.S. and Canadian markets
• Marketing the United States as a tourism destination effectively to Latin American markets
• Developing LGBT-targeted products and services