So you need some fresh ideas for travel content. Perhaps a new strategy for connecting with travelers via social media. Why should you contact me, of all people?
• When the Mexico Tourism Board and Northstar Travel Media, the nation’s largest travel trade publisher, needed to create multi-platform copy this year to spark renewed interest in the destination and combat negative press, they hired me.
• When American Express Custom Publishing was in search of a seasoned writer, editor and project manager to handle content for its Travel Insights Website, which targeted its top-level Centurion “black card” members, they hired me. Twice.
• When Orbitz Worldwide needed fresh, concise online content to drive traffic and build sales in the business travel sector, they hired me — and I’m still working with them today as the business travel blogger (the content I create, in fact, consistently ranks among the most viewed on the entire site).
You also might want to check out my complete list of clients and media outlets. I’m a full-time freelance copywriter, project manager and editor, working with a variety of travel industry clients. I have about 20 years of experience as a writer, editor and manager, including two stints with American Express Custom Publishing Solutions and nearly nine years at Northstar Travel Media, the nation’s largest travel trade publisher.
My range of media outlets and travel industry clients has increased exponentially in recent years, thanks to online growth and articles published a variety of media.
And that’s just the tip of the iceberg. I can also talk your ear off about trends in the travel industry — and I love speaking publicly on behalf of various media outlets and companies at consumer and intudstry events. I’ve moderated and participated in panels at a number of travel and journalism conferences and workshops, including the New York Times Travel Show, TravelAge Magazine, The Learning Annex, Passport Magazine, the National Lesbian & Gay Journalists Assocation and the International Conference on Lesbian and Gay Tourism. I’ve done voiceover work for major agencies in New York City. And I’ve also been quoted and interviewed in a variety of media, including Air Transport World, PBS’s “In The Life,” Detroit Free Press, San Francisco Chronicle and other daily newspapers nationwide.
4 Ways I Can Build Your Business
A Few Things I can do for You:
• Online editorial and custom content creation and management
• Social media strategy consulting and implementation, to drive traffic and business
• Editorial and custom publishing project management
• Feature and guidebook writing and editing
• Copywriting and promotional program development
• Social media strategy for travel and tourism
Areas of Specialty:
• Business and leisure travel
• Luxury and spa travel
• Adventure travel
• LGBT travel
• Meetings, conventions and incentives
• Tourism and travel industry trends
• Latin America (Mexico, Central/South America, Caribbean)